You and the family have just returned from a fabulous holiday in Thailand. It couldn’t have been much better, with the sun, fabulous food and scenery and wonderfully kind locals all making it a trip that you will all remember for many years.
To cap it all off, you let the wife relax while you took the boy and the girl to the Muay Thai show one night and they absolutely loved it. In fact, they were replicating the fighters when you were trying do some relaxing on your own the following day! They continued to go on about it on the plane and on your return, so it’s time to see if they are serious about having a go. You are going to head to an academy catering for Muay Thai in Reading.
Also known as Thai boxing, Muay Thai is a combat sport that uses stand-up striking along with various clinching techniques in which striking is allowed with the combined use of fists, elbows, knees, and shins. Here are some great reasons why it’s a sport to be involved in at an academy.
- Everyone is welcome, regardless of the genders or age or ability. You will be treated with the same respect.
- You will be taught discipline, respect and self defence, which are three great qualities to have in everyday life
- You will be trained by experts who will show you techniques and the best training exercises for you to progress, whether in Muay Thai or just wanting to get fit.
- You are guaranteed to improve your fitness if you put in the hard yards, as your health and cardio will also see huge benefits. Training with fellow dedicated athletes offers a far greater chance of success than in a conventional gym.
- It will occupy time and offer a far better alternative than playing on the phone or roaming the streets. New friendships will be bonded, which will lead to happy times away from the academy.
- Taking up a discipline such as Muay Thai is good for keeping mental health in check, as a healthy body leads to a healthy mind.
- You will be using specialised training equipment and have a range of multiple punch bags to help you on your way.
Joining an academy catering in MMA and Muay Thai is the ideal way to improve your physical and mental health in a safe environment while being trained by experts and former champion fighters.